Bankruptcy Can Stop Home Foreclosure
- You have had a period of unemployment and got behind on your mortgage.
- A loved one was ill, and you couldn’t make the full house payment.
- You have an adjustable rate mortgage (ARM) and the payments have gone up far more and far faster than you expected.
Whatever contributed to your falling behind on your home mortgage, the fact is that you are behind on your house payments and are having trouble catching up. You are afraid the bank or mortgage lender is going to foreclose.
At the Law Office of Timothy C. Springer, we know how scary it can be to think of losing your home. When you are living with the constant stress of creditor harassment and the threat of foreclosure, it is hard to see your options or to know where to turn.
When you call bankruptcy lawyer Tim Springer’s office in Fresno, California, our staff can help you find a way to move forward toward financial stability. We may be able to help you save your home. We may be able to stop home forclosure due to an ARM. We can help you find the peace of mind that comes from having a plan.
Contact our office today to learn more about Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy and how it can help you get back on solid financial ground. Your initial consultation—in person or over the phone—is free. You have nothing to lose by talking to a bankruptcy lawyer about stopping home foreclosure.
Will I Be Able to Save my Home by Filing for Personal Bankruptcy?
One of the big benefits of declaring personal bankruptcy is this: from the moment your Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy is filed with the court, foreclosure actions against you must stop.
Filing for bankruptcy can give you breathing room to look at your options. Such as:
- Would you be able to catch up on your house payments, if you were given enough time?
- Would selling your home pay off the mortgage? This would allow you to keep any equity you have built in your home.
- Do you have family who could step in and help you?
- Is it best to walk away from the home and start fresh elsewhere?
Bankruptcy attorney Tim Springer will help you look at your situation with fresh eyes, see your choices, and develop an action plan to move toward financial stability. Filing Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 personal bankruptcy may be the first step to getting back on solid financial ground.
Contact our law office in Fresno to schedule your free initial consultation.
Law Office of Timothy C. Springer
Linea en Español: (559) 225-3025
4905 N West Avenue, Suite 102
Fresno, CA 93705-0438
Telephone: (559) 225-3622
Map and Directions
Fowler, CA (559) 834-3213
Merced, CA/ Los Banos, CA (209) 388-9988
Toll Free (877) 776-4529